I am at the blog to announce a new Blog Challenge that begins today. The theme for this month is anything Goes with Little Birdie Pearl Drops!!
P.S – Please bear with me for the long post.
Here are some guidelines to follow for participating in the Blog Challenge.
- Submissions can be any project featuring Little Birdie Pearl Drops
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments
- Entries can be submitted until July 11th, 2019.
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries
- Please link your creations to your post and not just your blog
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Backlinks or old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However, if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblogchallenge22 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC, else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- Top 2 entries will be selected by the DT. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- For participating in the Challenge you have time from June 11th, 2019 to July 11th 2019
- If you have not subscribed to our blog kindly subscribe with your name and email id.
A Little about the Pearl drops
The Little Birdie Pearl Drops are three-dimensional drops which can be used on a variety of surfaces. It can be used in any kind of crafting. The major use of these drops is to embellish your projects. They come in plastic tubes with a precision nozzle. These Pearl Drops are available in 20 different colors.
Various ways to use Pearl Drops
These are a few ways I came up with. I have a project sample for every way mentioned.
- Filling up gaps in your background.
- Covering/Colouring stamped images.
- Adding details to the objects.
- Creating 3D images (Filling in heat-embossed images)
- Embellishing your projects
- Creating pearls/drops for later use.
I am sure there are many more ways of using them.
Over to my projects now!!
1) Filling up gaps in your background.
For this card, I used watercolors on the butterfly embellishments.
On a textured piece of cardstock, I adhered them to create a pattern. Heat embossed the sentiment and adhered it to the card. On a card base, I stamped the sentiment multiple times at an angle, using grey ink.
Foam mounted the panel over this card base. Filled in the gaps in between the butterflies using the Pearl Drops.
2) Covering/Colouring stamped images.
For this card, I stamped the images to create a scene. Filled in all the images with different colours of Pearl Drops. Let it dry for a few hours. Stamped the sentiment and foam mounted the panel on a colored card base.
3) Adding details to objects
Most of you must have already this card shared on FB. I taught this card in the live demo sessions I conducted in the Mumbai IB stores. It was a much-loved project in the demo, so I decided to include it in this post.
For the card here, I have used the ‘Cloud’ chipboard instead of the watercolor embellishments. Colored it with Snow and Sailing Sky chalk paints.
Drew the sun, covered it with the yellow Pearl Drops. Using a toothpick, I just pulled the color outwards to create the rays. Adhered the cloud chipboard. Stamped the sentiment from my stash. Lastly, added the raindrops using blue Pearl Drops.
4) Creating 3D images (Filling in heat-embossed images)
I heat embossed the stamped images here.
I used various colored Pearl Drops. Mixed them slightly, and covered the entire image with it. The heat embossed border prevents it from coming out.
5) Embellish your projects
The Pearl Drops can be used for embellishing your projects. They are ideal for adding finer details such as flower centers, eyes of critters, or even dew drops (using transparent dew) on floral arrangements.