Hello friends! Gayatri here, back with another inspirational project for the challenge this month. The new Little Birdie ‘Thin cut dies’ are so fun to play with that I can’t get enough of them.
Today I have made a cute mini photo album which is only 4″ x 4″ and made from a single sheet of 12″ x 12″. You can make this for birthday/ anniversary/ or any occasion with few pictures of cherished moments.
So without much ado, let me get into how you can make this.
- Take a 12″ x 12″ cardstock and score at 4″ and 8″ on one side. Rotate it 90 degrees and score at 4″ and 4.25″ , and 8.25″ and 8.5″
- Cut the quarter inch flaps on both sides as shown in the picture.
- You will end up with the sheet looking like the one in the picture below. Fold and burnish all the fold lines well.
- Cut alternate flaps to around 1. 75″ so as to make pockets.
- From the cut scrap pieces, make four 1″ wide pieces. score and fold at .5″ . The pieces should be slightly less than the pocket height. Stick these to the pocket flaps.
- Cut the two side flaps of on the top fold which will be less than 4″. This will be the flap cover.
- Stick the side flaps to the base to make pockets.
- You can shape the cover flap in any way you want.
- Decorate with pattern paper and other embellishments.
- I have used the Vintage Frame die, which gives a perfect frame for photos.
- The flowers and leaves are made with the dies from the set.
More pictures of my finished project:
Here is a short video of my super cute mini album:
Hope you like my super cute mini album. Till I see you next time with another interesting project, Happy Crafting!