Good Morning & welcome to a very colorful post from me :-)!
Yes, its all about the recently launched COLOR SPLASH sprays. Available in a fantastic range of colors – charcoal, mocha, paprika, berry blast, tangerine, gold rush, lemon zing, lime splash, ocean mist, grape crush, black currant, hot pink.
Please note the launch offer too – 15% on the entire range & 25% if you buy all 12 colors!
Here is a true look at all the colors, loved the vibrant shades on the white card stock tags.
(TIP – after spraying roll a kitchen towel to even out the colors or place a tissue & roll a brayer)
We were flooded with queries about COLOR SPLASH sprays so lets start with the basics of Color Splash sprays.
- These work best on paper, card stock, water color paper, handmade paper, fabric, burlap & other porous surfaces.
- This does not restrict their use only on porous surfaces! I have got awesome result on vellum too (pic follows in the post)
- For vibrant colors use directly
- For a lighter & blended background mist with water
- Ideal for mixed media techniques, DIY & other crafting projects
- Create single color backgrounds or multicolor. You can also create unique shades by building of layers of different colors
- Color images with them
- Create backgrounds & diecut to use as embellishments for layouts/cards
Let me now show you some ways I experimented with the sprays!
In this tag I used three colors as mentioned –
(TIP – for a more even look spray the tag with water first, the colors mix better but will also be less vibrant. Play around a bit, get messy! If its too intense, spray with water over them to tone down the colors)
Next up is a clean & simple background using stencils, Spray the inks over a stencil.
Another great use of sprays is with heat embossed images, love how the images resists the spray & pops up amidst the vibrant colors! Also added some texture in the background using distress ink with a stencil.
Spraying over a printed burlap sheet transformed the look of this!
Loved the vibrancy of colors over the vellum piece in the next tag!
Next I tried using the spray over texture paste –
In this tag I mixed tangerine color splash with modelling paste & stencilled over the background –
When used over canvas, spray 2-3 times for a vibrant color. You can use your heat tool to speed up the drying!
I could not stop playing around with these sprays & used them even on a coloring tag from the store –
The whitewash alterables too soaked the color well ! Now is that not a super quick way to create unique gifts?
This was just a basic introduction to COLOR SPLASH SPRAYS! Join me again in my next post where I will share some finished projects too!
Remember you also have time to join our monthly challenge – ITSY BITSY CHALLENGE#1-2016
Theme – Anything Goes using the Itsy Bitsy LITTLE BIRDIE CHIPBOARD SHAPES
Thank you for visiting today & here is the list of products used in this post –