Hi Everyone, Saadia here:
Sharing with you a rustic mixed media project today.
I have used lots of heavy elements in my project. The Heavy Gel Medium by Little Birdie Crafts is ideal for gluing heavy objects.
Little Birdie Crafts- Heavy Gel Medium:
- Transparent, flexible, extra heavy body acrylic gel medium
- Can be used to glue heavy objects in mixed media projects
- Extends volume, viscosity and density of acrylic paints along with increasing brilliance and transparency
- Keeps paints workable for longer
- Can be mixed with paints, pigments and inks
- Works as a binder for powder pigments
- Suitable for creating dimensional textures
I used Monte Marte’s 8×10 inch canvas panel as my substrate and applied Fiber Paste mixed with Texture Sand using a palette knife.
Next, I glued different elements with Heavy Gel Medium. I used parts of a computer mother board, some metal and chipboard cogs and gears, old keys, broken toy parts, screws, wires, clay elements and chipboard shapes.
I coloured the background with chalk paints. Next, I covered my composition with homemade rust paints. There are many recipes for the rust and patina pastes on the internet. I use what works for me:
-Burnt Umber acrylic paint plus Heavy Gel Medium plus Texture Sand
-Burnt sienna acrylic paint plus Heavy Gel Medium plus Texture Sand
-Raw sienna acrylic paint plus Heavy Gel medium plus Texture Sand.
Next I highlighted the raised areas with white gesso and tinted metallic paints.
Lastly, I added the sentiment and some finishing touches.
I hope you liked my project.
Thank you for visiting.
Don’t forget to take part in this month’s Blog Challenge!
Take care and keep crafting!!