I am Sirisha Setia, presenting you my steampunk mixed media canvas with some amazing products from Itsy Bitsy.
You can create this super quick layout on watch boxes, photo frames as a gift for men. Super gorgeous shades of blue, green and copper with the awesome MDF chipboard embellishments.
Here is a quick picture tutorial with detailed steps for all of you guys. I hope it will be easier to follow and you all will give it a try.
1. I have used a 10 by 10 in canvas board.
2. I covered the canvas with Little Birdie Clear gesso.
3. I chose Little Birdie, ‘Songs of the Sea’ 12″x12″ paper pack
4. I selected this musical note print from the paper pack and stuck it on the canvas with Little Birdie Heavy Gel Medium.
Distressed the edges of the paper with paper distresser.
5. Next, I covered the canvas with clear Gesso all over to prime the paper.
6. Selected these two amazing stencils from Itsy Bitsy and stenciled with Little Birdie Mixed Media 2 in 1 paste.
7. Next, I took Little Birdie Stone Texture Paste- Crystal Sand and script stencil and stenciled over the canvas
8. I covered the canvas randomly with the stone texture paste and let it dry.
9. I selected the amazing Color Splashes and Alcohol sprays from Itsy Bitsy. These are my go to medium to create a mixed media project.
Colours used : Color Splash Lime Splash
Color Splash Mocha
Alcohol Spray Frosted Pool
Alcohol Spray Midnight Blue
10. First, I covered the stenciled area with color splash – Lime Splash
11. Second sprays the stone texture paste are with Alcohol Spray- Frosted pool
12. Finished it by sprays Alcohol spray- Midnight blue over few areas on the canvas.
This is the final look of the canvas after coloring them with sprays. Distressed the edges with Sepia and Black Archival Ink for a little dimension.
13. I selected these amazing Chipboards embellishments from Little birdie in Steampunk theme. The chipboards are perfect to use directly and do not need priming.
14. I applied the Mixed Media 2 in 1 modelling paste with sponge over the embellishments to give some texture to the chipboards.
15. I colored the chipboards with Black chalk paint and stuck the embellishments onto the canvas with Little Birdie Heavy Gel medium.
16. Added Little Birdie Macro and Micro Craft Pellets over the canvas.
17. I sprayed a tissue with the Color Splash and alcohol inks as used for the base and used the pieces of the tissue as an embellishment on the canvas.
18. I also sprayed the color splashes and Alcohol Sprays on the chipboard for the metallic shine of the alcohol sprays.
19. Started coloring the embellishments. First I used Little Birdie Chalk paint- Indigo Rush and dry brushed on the chipboards.
20. Once the previous color was dried, I dry brushed with Chalk paint- Wild Moss over the chipboards.
21.Finally, took the Muted Teal Chalk paint and dry brushed to give dimensions and highlight the chipboards.
22. Finally, used Metallic waxes from Little Birdie in Glimmer Moss, Aqua Sheen and Antique Gold over the embellishments.
23. Took few cutouts from The Gentlemen Paper pack from Little Birdie to embellish the canvas.
Here is the final project. And few of its close ups.
I hope you all liked my project. Do share your love and comment.
Thank you for stopping by…
– SIRISHA SETIA