Hello creative friends!
This is Tanvi & hope you all are enjoying the recent launches by Itsy Bitsy, the star being the archival multi-surface paints. These paints can be used on almost any surface including paper, clay, glass, metal, plastic, terracotta, ceramic etc. Also, these are water based, acid free & non-toxic with a satin finish.
I altered a free standing MDF word that I had kept for my kitchen.
These multi-surface paints need no priming & I covered the lower half of the word with Tangy Tomato paint. Loved the coverage & the satin finish of this paint.
For the upper half I mixed Dandelion shade with crackle paste & applied it.
It did tone down the colour a bit, that’s what I was looking for.
For the lower half too, I wanted a crackled look & applied 1 step crackle medium.
For the top coat I used the Dandelion shade & absolutely loved the cracks that appeared as the paint dried.
At this stage I decided to cover the upper half (crackle paste) with the same yellow shade – Dandelion.
Randomly stencilled motifs to add interest & none of my projects are complete without tinted metallic paints.
The multi surface paints are self-sealing & require no varnish. My base was now prepped for embellishing.
Here is the final look of the alteration & some close ups.
Hope you will give these paints a try & share your creations with us. Participate in the ongoing blog challenge#31 which is ‘Anything goes with Little Birdie archival multi-surface paints’.
Let me also tell you they are suitable for indoor and outdoor usage, so bring out those brushes & redo the planters, bottles, panels, buckets or tables!
Did you know all Itsy Bitsy products come with a unique QR code!
Point your mobile phone at the QR code on the product & scan them to take you directly to our YouTube links where you can see how each of these products are used! Check out all our new products for QR codes in the future ( this will be either on the label or on cap of the bottle).
Use code TANVI5 to buy any product at www.itsybitsy.in and get 5% discount on your total bill.
Products used for this project