A warm and hearty greetings to all my crafty friends. Wish you all a very Happy New Year!
DT member, Nandhini Vasandan here with a new inspirational and exciting post on how to showcase your fondest memories in your home, with a beautiful wall decoration. Let us welcome the New Year with renewed hope and happiness. Let us all forget the bitter days gone by in 2020, and remember only the memorable and happy ones. I have created a photo hanger to treasure beautiful memories to remind all of us, how beautiful our life is !
I am so excited to announce this month’s blog challenge i.e ‘Decoupage Challenge’, Itsybitsy blog challenge #33. To join the challenge, make any decoupage project using the little birdie products.
Kindly go through the guidelines to participate in the challenge.
Itsybitsy blog challenge#33 “Decoupage challenge”
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments.
- Entries can be submitted until 4th February, 2021.
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link your creations to your post and not just your blog.
- The final project photo you are submitting should have the materials used.
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page.
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Backlinks or old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However, if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblogchallenge33 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC, else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- The top 2 entries will be selected by the DT. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- For participating in the Challenge you have time from 4th January 2021 to 4th February 2021.
- When you share project images with us please ensure it also includes the ‘Star product’ of the ongoing Challenge for eligibility.
- .If you have not subscribed to our blog kindly subscribe with your name and email id.
I am a decoupage artist. I always love to upcycle things at home. Decoupage is a very versatile art which helps you to upcycle anything into a beautiful art piece. Here, I have upcycled an old plate, into a photo hanger.
Enjoy the step by step tutorial of how I created this.
First , I took an old melamine plate . Its very important to prepare the surface before working. I had smoothened the surface with sand paper. Then, applied little birdie white gesso, using sponge all over the plate.
Then, I took the decoupage paper ‘Precious poppy’. This decoupage paper is of 70 gsm thickness and can be used on many items like boxes, vases, pots, plates, trays, bowls, lamps, lampshades, furniture, frames, mirrors and more. This can be used on any curved surfaces. I had cut the edges of the paper so that it fits on the plate.
Next, I applied Little Birdie Deco Magic glue – glossy and decoupaged the paper to the plate. Always apply very thin layer of glue to avoid wrinkles. Too much of glue will soak the paper.
After sticking the paper, let the glue dry completely and then seal it with another top layer of glue.
Then I applied Little Birdie one step crackle medium on the other edge of the plate. While it was drying, I applied modelling paste with a palette knife over the edges of the plate.
Then dry brushed chalk paints Lemon Chiffon, Mango Crush, Wild Moss over the modelling paste.
Then applied wild moss over the crackle medium, with flat brush. The crackle medium reacts with paint and cracks appear on the surface. The size of the cracks depends on thickness of the crackle medium applied. One more important tip is to dry the crackle medium naturally and not to use heat tool.
Over the edges of the plate, I dry brushed black acrylic paint.
Thereafter, I varnished the surface with Little Birdie matte varnish . Then pasted satin cord ‘Spring time’, to cover the straight edge of the decoupage paper.
I have taken few elements from ‘Floral Carnival’ and ‘Floral Spectacle element sheets, and fussy cut it. Then distressed the edges with distress ink ‘Black Soot’. I then arranged them as desired using double side tape.
Then I used burlap trims and colourful clips from the store to hang photos. Finally, I added the primed chipboard ‘Life is beautiful ‘ .
I have used Pearl Drops to add more appeal to the project.
At last, my colourful photo hanger is ready…..
Hope you all liked my project. Here are few more pics of the project.
Life is beautiful! Enjoy every moment! Be happy!
Wishing you all a wonderful and Happy New Year! We will welcome 2021 with a big smile!
See you all again with another inspirational post very soon.
Use code NANDHINI5 to buy any product at www.itsybitsy.in and get 5% discount on your total bill.
Here are the links of the materials used in the project: