Hello creative folks DT Jyotirmoy here today with my first blog for Itsy Bitsy. We warmly welcome you to our 2020 blog.
Today I am here to inspire you with ‘Stencils’. I am so excited to announce this month’s blog challenge#27 “Shine your creativity with stencils”
Today I am going to make a simple and easy mixed media project using 4*4inch stencils which are available at the all the Itsy Bitsy stores. The store has a wonderful collection of stencils which you can use to create so many new things starting from cards, scrapbook layouts, decor pieces, altered project and much more.
You can choose any 1 stencil and make anything to show your creativity.
Kindly go through the guidelines to participate in the
Itsy Bitsy Blog Bhallenge#27- “Shine your creativity with stencil”
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments
- Entries can be submitted until 9 th April, 2020
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link your creations to your post and not just your blog
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Backlinks or old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However, if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #Itsybitsy blog challenge 27 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC, else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- The top 2 entries will be selected by the DT. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- For participating in the Challenge you have time from 9th March 2020 to 9th April 2020.
If you have not subscribed to our blog kindly subscribe with your name and email id.
There are so many creative ideas that you can implement using 4*4 inch stencils of Itsy Bitsy.
Lets get started.
I called this mixed media project ‘Happiness’. Hope it inspires you.
- First of all I have taken a Wooden decorable and primed it with a coat of Acrylic gesso – white and allowed it to dry.
- Next, I gave some texture using stencils-Stencil Paisley Mandala – 4×4 Inch and Stencil Floral Swirl – 4×4 Inch. I also used thin cut dies Timekeeper and Cogs and wheels.
3. I then used Acrylic gesso – black .After it dried fully, I used chalk paint Indigo Rush, Teal tango, Orange Splash, and Tattered lace. To highlight the textures, I also used metallic wax with a sponge dabbing technique. The shade used here is Antique Gold.
- Then I added some texture to the surface of the panel by stenciling with Mixed Media Paste 2 In 1 -White and after drying applied Acrylic gesso -black. Thereafter, I used Sponge blenders and applied chalk paint Tattered Lace and Orange Splash and finaly I used metalic wax Antique gold .
- Next, I took a MDF coaster and primed with white acrylic gesso and allowed it to dry. Then I added texture in the shape of a tree using a Stencil and 2-in 1 Mixed Media Paste -White . When the texture dried completely, I primed it with black arylic gesso. After that, I coloured it with a mixture of Indigo Rush and Snow White chalk paint using a sponge.
- After that I took a primed chipboard – Curly tree and coloured it with Charcoal black .
- Next I highlighted it with Snow White chalk paint and metallic wax – Antique Gold. Then I stuck it on the textured part of the coaster. Then the coaster was pasted in the middle of the pine wood wall panel.
- After that I used air hardening clay to make few smiling faces also used Craft pelette and pasted them with Silicon glue .Next, I coloured them with Charcoal Black chalk paint and highlighted with metallic wax – Antique Gold. I also added a metal charm Dragonfly and Handmade flowers and two small wooden piece on which I painted leaves with Tinted metallic paint.
- After that, I placed the wooden wall panel in the middle of wooden decorable. And that’s all.
- Hope you like this and will do something unique with your own creative skills. Do participate in the Blog Challenge and share your creative projects with us. Happy crafting!
I am excited to inform you that all these products come with a unique QR code!
Point your mobile phone at the QR code on the product & scan them to take you directly to our YouTube links where you can see how each of these products are used! Check out all our new products for QR codes in the future ( this will be either on the label or on cap of the bottle).
Use code JYOTIRMOY5 to buy any product at itsybitsy.in and get 5% discount on your total bill.
- Wooden wall panel 20*20cm
- Wooden decorable
- MDF coaster 4*4inch
- Stencil floral swril
- Stencil Paisley Mandala – 4×4 Inch
- Stencil tree
- Acrylic Gesso-Black
- Handmade flowers
- Metal charms dragonfly
- Air hardening clay
- Mixed Media paste 2 in 1
- Silicon glue
- Chalk paint
- Acrylic gesso white
- Craft pelletes
- Chipboard curl tree
- Tinted metallic paint
- Wood stain Honey maple
- Thin cut die Time keeper
- Thin cut die cogs and wheels