Vini here! Hope you all had a wonderful Diwali.
This is the era of recycling, reusing and reducing waste! I was wondering what to do with an old worn out carrom board. It was not in a condition to be donated or used by someone else. I decided to convert it into a mirror frame and the new multi-surface archival paints came to my rescue! Look what I did in this easy and attractive project.
- I first painted the borders with 2 coats of black gesso as the borders were made of a paper like material.
- Then I divided sections of the frame with masking tape.
- In the next step, I drew free hand Aztec and mandala like designs all over the frame with a white pencil.
- Now was the turn to use the magical archival multi-surface paints! I used the some bright colours.
- Next I highlighted the shapes with the ready to use Camilin white liner.
- Once dry, I varnished the frame with 2 coats of Little Birdie Deco Magic varnish – gloss.
- I pasted small mirrors with heavy gel medium and a large mirror cut to size to complete the mirror. Here is my final mirror.
I am excited to inform you that all these products come with a unique QR code! Point your mobile phone at the QR code on the product & scan them to take you directly to our YouTube links where you can see how each of these products are used! Check out all our new products for QR codes in the future ( this will be either on the label or on cap of the bottle).Use code VINI5 to buy any product at itsybitsy.in and get 5% discount on your total bill. Here are the products I used.