A warm hello to my arty-crafty friends!
I hope you all are doing fine. DT member Vidhu Thareja here on the blog today with an inspirational project designed using Little Birdie Element Sheets.
I am so excited to announce this month’s Blog Challenge i.e. Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge #32 Anything goes with Element Sheets. To join the challenge, you can choose any 1 or more designs from the collection of Little Birdie Element Sheets and make anything to show your creativity.
Kindly go through the guidelines to participate in the challenge.
Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge#32- “Anything Goes With Element Sheet”
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments.
- Entries can be submitted until 15th January, 2021.
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link your creations to your post and not just your blog.
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page.
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Backlinks or old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However, if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblog challenge and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC, else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- The top 2 entries will be selected by the DT. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- For participating in the Challenge you have time from 15th December, 2020 to 2nd January 2021.
If you have not subscribed to our blog kindly subscribe with your name and email id.
Little Birdie Element Sheets:
- Printed on 250 GSM, acid free, cardstock
- Ideal for fussy cutting and using on various paper crafting projects like cards, scrapbook layouts, tags, decor projects and more
- Available in a wide range of themes and designs
I am a decoupage crafter so I have used these element sheets in my project as decorative elements. I have a detailed step wise picture tutorial for you all but before going through the tutorial first have a look on my project…..
I had a cute MDF photo frame in my stash. Apart from using element sheets, I have used some awesome craft supplies from the store to decorate the frame. I started with removing the windowpanes and then then sanded the whole surface. It is very important to sand the surface when we choose a MDF base to work on.
After sanding, I cleaned the frame with a cloth and applied Little Birdie Acrylic White Gesso with the help of a flat synthetic brush. I avoided using sponge because it absorbs gesso. I have applied 2 coats of gesso, leaving enough drying time between each coat.
On top of the center part, where photograph goes, I decided to do decoupage. I had Little Birdie paper pack – Birds & Berries. This paper pack is also printed on 250 GSM cardstock which gives flawless finish to decoupage projects. I love this paper pack. I chose a design and cut the paper according to the size of the base and adhered it using Little Birdie Deco Magic Glue- Matte and left it to dry. After a few hours I sealed the decoupaged paper with the same glue and left it to dry.
Now I started working on the outer frame. I decided to give it a crackled effect. Since I was going to use 1 step crackle medium, I needed to color the base. Remember that in 1 step crackle effect we use 2 contrasting colors. I applied two coats of Little Birdie Chalk Paint – Bubble Gum with a flat brush, leaving enough drying time between each coat.
When the base coat was dry, I applied Little Birdie 1 Step Crackle Medium with the help of a synthetic brush using the dabbing method. Thickness of cracks depends upon application of crackle medium. If you want bigger cracks then apply a thick coat of the medium. Do not over-stroke the medium. For better results leave it to dry naturally. Do not speed up the drying process with a heat tool. Drying time of the crackle medium totally depends on the room temperature and the weather.
Crackle medium dries clear. Now I needed to apply another color. I applied Little Birdie Chalk Paint – Wisteria Mist with a flat brush. Always apply chalk paint and crackle medium in the same direction and do not over-stroke the chalk paint. Let it dry naturally. As soon as the chalk paint starts drying, beautiful cracks also start to appear.
I just loved these beautiful cracks. I have painted the sides of the frame with Little Birdie Chalk Paint – Kiwi Mojito and rubbed Little Birdie Metallic Wax- Antique Gold on top and rubbed the same wax on the edges of windowpanes also. I have painted the windowpanes and back of the frame with Little Birdie Chalk Paint – Bubble Gum. I fixed the windowpanes and applied Little Birdie Decor Varnish – Matte on the whole frame, including the decoupaged center portion. I let it dry. Decor varnish is water-based varnish and dries quickly, so multiple coats can be applied easily. You can wash the brush under running tap water.
Now it is time to decorate the frame. For this project I have selected two designs from Little Birdie Element Sheets – Floral Carnival and Butterfly Gallery. Each design comes with two sheets, so each set can be used in multiple projects.
I fussy cut the elements and then distressed the edges of each element using Distress Ink- Vintage Photo.
Then I placed the elements on the frame and arranged them. I wanted to give these elements a raised effect, so instead of pasting them directly on the frame, I have used pre-cut double-sided adhesive foams, available at Itsy Bitsy.
Using these adhesive foams you can give a 3D effect to your projects. A beautiful frame is ready. This makes a beautiful gift for your loved ones.
These elements gave a rich look to my frame and I am loving it. I hope you liked my project and find it inspirational also. I must say that these element sheets are a must have for every crafter. So do not forget to add them in your craft stash.
I am excited to inform you that all these products come with a unique QR code!
Point your mobile phone at the QR code on the product & scan them to take you directly to our YouTube links where you can see how each of these products are used! Check out all our new products for QR codes in the future ( this will be either on the label or on cap of the bottle).
Use code VIDHU5 to buy any product at www.itsybitsy.in and get 5% discount on your total bill.
List of material used: