Hi everyone,I am Dr. Serene Teres George, an ardent crafter and a pediatrician by profession. I am really excited and extremely happy to a part of Itsy Bitsy and delighted to be a DT member. It’s really a dream come true for me. Itsy Bitsy is a treasure trove of beautiful products for every crafter . This is my first DT post and I hope you will love my project. Do leave your valuable comments.
I bought this lovely wooden chest of drawers from Itsy Bitsy and have made this project even more exciting with the beautiful 4 x 4 inch stencils. This project is an ode to the mini stencils. Do check out Itsy Bitsy for the lovely collection.
1. I have used Little Birdie wood stain Honey Maple, over the wooden chest except over the drawers.
- 2. I have painted the drawers with the chalk paints shades Kiwi Mojito, Bubblegum , and Pineapple Lolly.
4. To break the monotony of the design, I have used the stencil on the same side on the top and lower most drawers and on the opposite side for the middle one. After drying, I have decorated it with Pearl drops Jade Isle . I have decorated the other side with clear stamps.
5. Using stencils Mandala Duo and Garden Vine , and chalk paint Tattered Lace. I have designed one side of the box, similarly I have done the other side of the box and let it dry. I did a mandala design on the top.
8. On the other side, I have drawn a freehand picture of a bunch of roses, then gave a wash of chalk paint Tattered Lace.
9. Using diluted chalk paint in Misty Rose, and Bubble Gum, Marsh Green and Kiwi Mojito I have painted the picture and outlined with Passionate Plum, and decorated it with few drops of Pearl drops. It’s such an awesome product.
11. I have used Mixed media paste and stencil to give character and raised effect to my stencil art. Once dry, I have applied metallic wax Antique Gold over my stencil art as well as over the cut out, for an antique look.
13 . Then I thought why not decorate the back too instead of leaving it plain. I have applied a coat of Choco Cookie. After drying, I did stencilling using Marsh Green.
Here are my tips while stencilling.
A.Tape down the stencil to the surface, at least in three areas. I have used masking tape.
B. Always use undiluted paint. It can be chalk paints, acrylic paints or even pouring paints.
C. Use a dry brush. You can use stencil brushes too. Here I have used a foam sponge brush in medium size.
D. Pour the needed paint into a flat bowl. Use a brush to dip in paint and go over the stencil till the design is covered completely.
E. Lift off the stencil gently and let it dry.
14 . Apply a layer of paint in yellow and Marsh Green in the upper quadrant, let it dry.
16. I completed my project by lightly using metallic wax over the wood using a coat of Decor varnish – glossy all over the surface and the drawers.
I am excited to inform you that all these products come with a unique QR code!
Point your mobile phone at the QR code on the product & scan them to take you directly to our YouTube links where you can see how each of these products are used! Check out all our new products for QR codes in the future ( this will be either on the label or on cap of the bottle).
Use code SERENE5 to buy any product at ITSY BITSY and get 5% discount on your total bill.