Namaste Friends! This is Tanvi, welcoming you today, to announce our new challenge. We do understand that many of you are running out of supplies due to the current lock down. I guess one product from Itsy Bitsy that we all love & hoard are the gorgeous handmade flowers. So dig them out from your stash & get ready to share new projects for this month’s theme.
Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge#28 – “Anything goes using Little Birdie Handmade Flowers”
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link your creations to your post and not just your blog
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Back links or old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However, if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments
- Entries can be submitted until 6th June, 2020
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our Facebook group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #Itsybitsyblogchallenge28 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC, else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- Please mention the Name of the Flower Pack you have used, else your entry is not valid.
- The top 2 entries will be selected by the Design Team. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
Sharing a pictorial of a very gorgeous project using the handmade flowers – A floating teapot garden.
You will need a – tea cup/tea pot/ milk jug (use anything available at home, just make sure you select the plate size proportionately), a plate/saucer, a fork/thick wire, silicon glue, glue gun, chalk paints, crackle medium, stone texture paste, metallic wax, palette knife & loads of flowers & embellishments.
Wash & dry the jug & plate.
Apply a coat of Charcoal chalk paint on the jug & plate. Let them dry & apply a layer of 1 step crackle medium with a flat brush.
I also applied a layer of Stone texture paste to the bottom part of the jug.
Next, I painted them both with chalk paints – Pineapple Lolly, Kiwi Mojito & Marsh Green. Look at the beautiful cracks & the metallic gold highlights along the rim & on the Stone texture paste.
I wanted to use a fork for the assembly but used a triple twisted GI wire instead, to add some more length.
Bend the wire and position it on the jug, use silicon glue to stick. Then glue the other end of the wire to the plate.
Center the wire on the plate, if it is off balance it will topple. Make adjustments depending on the size & weight of the cup/jug. This is the step that needs some tweaking or jugaad as well as patience to balance & hold the jug and plate together, especially in my case since the plate was melamine (lighter in weight) than the jug. Don’t worry about being neat with the wire or glue it will all be covered with flowers.
On the wire, I created a faux water fall with hot glue sticks by squirting several lines of hot glue on a plastic sheet (apply a tad bit of Vaseline or petroleum jelly to peel it off later). Glue this over the wire to conceal it.
Once assembled, embellish & create a garden with Little Birdie flowers!
Enchanting, isn’t it? A page straight out of the fairy tale – Alice in Wonderland.
The watering can is a thin cut die from the store & sentiment a chipboard embellishment.
The picture perfect crackle!
I thoroughly loved making this project and can vouch that the real piece, especially when lit in the evening, is absolutely a fantasy! Pictures aren’t enough to describe the beauty.
Do participate in the Blog Challenge and share your creative projects with us. Happy crafting! Stay Home & Stay safe!
I am excited to inform you that all these products come with a unique QR code!
Point your mobile phone at the QR code on the product & scan them to take you directly to our YouTube links where you can see how each of these products are used! Check out all our new products for QR codes in the future ( this will be either on the label or on cap of the bottle).
Use code TANVI5 to buy any product at itsybitsy.in and get 5% discount on your total bill.