Hi everyone, hope you all having a great day. I am really excited to work with the amazing new product : the Little Birdie Glitter Fabric Paints. Oh my gosh! the glittery paints are an absolute delight to work with, such beautiful colours, texture, easy to dry and so easy to work with.
Today I will be designing two beautiful cushion covers, they can be an amazing addition to your craft room or even your reading room, to bring the right amount of bling and colour to brighten any room.
I have used two 40 x 40 cm plain cotton cushion covers for my project, you can use them on white, light pastel colours, black or even dark brown depending on the project.
Always wash, dry and iron them before you start the process. Cut out a piece of cardboard slightly smaller than the size of the cover to insert between the cushion cover to prevent staining the back
1. Succulent fantasy cover.
I love succulents and this beautiful succulent cushion cover can be a beautiful gift for yourself or your friends.
- Once the cardboard is inserted, stick the rest of the cushion cover to the back with masking tape, so that the centre part is stretched without any wrinkles. I have used a a picture from the internet, we can use the newly launched graphite transfer paper to trace the image or draw it freehand.
2. Paint each plant and then proceed to the next, paint the centre of Echivera with fabric paint Pine Sparkle.
3. Then fill in with shades of Lemon Glint, Lime Glint and Pine Sparkle as shown in the image using size 4 flat brush, you can lightly wet the brush in water and paint in places where you need lighter colour. This is the sample of how to do a leaf, on the outer edge of leaf apply lime glint. Always keep a scrap cloth handy to clean the brushes.
4. Fill rest of blank area with Lime Glint
5. Fill the centre with Pine Sparkle using a slightly wet brush.
5. Outline the border using a size 0 wet brush using Salsa Twinkle to outline the line and smudge the inner corners.
6. Similarly complete rest of the plant.
7. Paint the aloe similarly in shades of Orange Sparkle, Lime Glint, Lemon Glint and Cherry Sparkle.
8. For the other Echeveria, paint the centre with Lime Glint.
9. Fill the gaps in centre with Lemon Glint and the our edges on the leaves with Ssparkle Orange
10. Fill the rest of leaves with Wisteria Shine
11.Paint over the Wisteria Shine with Sparkle Pool and Cherry Sparkle over the Sparkle Orange.
11. Paint the small brown leaves with fabric paint in burnt sienna using size 0 brush and once dry paint with Rosy Shimmer.
12. Fill rest of the plants in colours of choice.
13. Let it dry for and hour and draw small circles in the background with dimensional paint iridescent Glitter and let it dry overnight
15. Measure the borders and stick on jute cords with Deco magic fabric and let it dry. You beautiful cushion is ready to use.
2.Ballerina in the garden
For this we need a plain white or cream coloured cotton cushion cover, wash it beforehand and dry it.
We will dye the cloth with chalk paints, yes you heard it right you can dye your clothes with them, it would be better if you use the brighter shades of chalk paints because the original colours will be a lot lighter than you see on the wet cloth, than when its dry.
- For dyeing we need a bowl of clean water, add 1 tablespoon of chalk paint onto 1 litre of water in a bowl, if you add to much they can bleed while washing and then fade away when you wash them. Here I have used the shades Pineapple Lolly on one end and Kiwi Mojito on the other.
2. Mix the paint with a whisk just before you dip in your cloth,with the front of cushion facing you, insert in water for around 1/3 rd of the cover and wring out the excess water holding it upright just above the bowl. Use mist spray and spray water along the upper edge of the colour to blend in the color , once the water is drained off, change the water and add Kiwi Mojito, mix well and do similarly as for Pineapple Lolly. Leave it to dry on a flat surface or a cloths line for a day.
3. Once dry iron it to remove wrinkles.
4. Lay it flat on a firm surface like a table.
5. Locate the approximate centre of the cushion cover then draw a circle around 6 inch with an MDF circle.
8. Now let it dry for half an hour then start painting from the centre. For the ballerina’s dress use dimensional fabric paint Iridescent Glitter to give it some structure, use shiny white dimensional paint over the shoes and star wand and one dry paint with Cherry Sparkle.
9. For hair of the ballerina, outline with dimensional white, let it dry overnight fill in Lemon Glint and over the white colour paint, add ginger sparkle and let it dry. Paint the body with fabric colour in flesh tint.
10. Paint the grass with a mixture of Lime Glint, Lemon Glint and Pine Sparkle , outline plants with dimensional paint Christmas Green , and then paint the flowers in shades of your choice.
11. Outline the border of the sun and sky with Iridescent Glitter and use diluted Pool Sparkle for the clouds and Lemon Glint and Ginger Sparkle for the sun.
12. Paint the rest of flowers in the colours of your choice, here I have used Cherry Sparkle, Sparkle Orange, Salsa Twinkle and Rosy Shimmer and for leaves Lime Glint, Lemon Glint and Pine Sparkle. Stick on small pearls at the centre of purple flowers and let it dry.
13. Once dried use Deco magic to stick on few random pom-poms also stick large pompoms at the four corners, let it dry and the beautiful cushion cover is ready now.
I am excited to inform you that all these products come with a unique QR code!
Point your mobile phone at the QR code on the product & scan them to take you directly to our YouTube links where you can see how each of these products are used! Check out all our new products for QR codes in the future ( this will be either on the label or on cap of the bottle).
Use code SERENE5 to buy any product at ITSY BITSY and get 5% discount on your total bill.