DT member Serene here today with my inspirational post using Little Birdie Archival multi-surface paints. I am so excited to announce this month’s blog challenge i.e. Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge #31 Anything goes with Multi-surface paints. To join the challenge, you can choose any 1 or more of Little Birdie multi-surface paints and make anything to show your creativity.
Kindly go through the guidelines to participate in the
Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge#31- “Anything Goes With Multi-surface paints”
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments.
- Entries can be submitted until 18th November , 2020
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please append numbers 1, 2, 3 next to your name while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link your creations to your post and not just your blog.
- In your blog post, create a back-link to this page.
- Only projects posted during the valid challenge period are eligible. Backlinks or old projects are not allowed. Please link the creations posted only after our challenge has gone live.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world. However, if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don’t have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group Itsy Bitsy Crafter’s Cafe with the hashtag – #itsybitsyblog challenge31 and add the link here.
- When sharing your work via Facebook or Instagram, please make sure that your profile is PUBLIC, else we will not be able to view your entry and it will be disqualified.
- The top 2 entries will be selected by the DT. Each winner will receive a voucher of Rs.500, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- For participating in the Challenge you have time from 15th October , 2020 to 18th November , 2020.
If you have not subscribed to our blog kindly subscribe with your name and email id.
Archival Multi-surface paints
- Premium water based, acid free, non-toxic, multi-surface paints.
- Satin finish with great coverage.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor usage.
- Can be used on various surfaces including paper, clay, glass, metal, plastic, terracotta, ceramic etc.
- Self sealing, requires no primer or varnish
Now let’s start with the project for today. Here are few pics of the upcycled garden table I designed.
1. Clean the table thoroughly, mine was dusty and was covered in mould. I wiped it with a dry cloth initially then I wiped it down with a slightly damp cloth removing all the mould and let it dry in the sun for a day.
2. Once dry, I sanded the top and sides of the table with a sandpaper preserving the graining of the wood.
3. For today’s project these are the shades of archival multi-surface paints that I have used. They are so versatile that they can be used on many surfaces from wood, ceramics, glass, paper, metal and more.
4.Next, I painted the lower one third with the shade Icy Aqua leaving a space of around 3 cm between the 2 shades, and allowed it to dry completely. Thereafter, I used the shade Dandelion for the area between 2 shades. Once dry, I outlined the border of the Dandelion shade with Black Pearl using a 0 size paint brush.
5. I painted the underside of table with Black Pearl shade.
6.Mixed the shades Dandelion with a few drops of Icy Aqua to get a lovely green colour. Applied the green as shown. Dry brushed with the shade Dandelion over the edges.
9. Used very little amount of undiluted paint on the brush and stenciled the design.
10. Applied one more coat of the wood stain to deepen the stain.
11. Once dry, I applied 2 coats of Decor Varnish – gloss with a drying time of 1 to 2 hours in between each coat. Look at the beautiful glossy effect on the table once varnished.
12.I have used the stencil Live life in full bloom with shade Daisy Petal. I taped off the floral design on the stencil using a masking tape as I wanted only the script.
13. I used liquid Chalk Window Marker – white to draw a design that I wanted.
14. Painted inside the lining with a thin diluted coat of Daisy Petal and let it dry.
15. Painted the sunflower with Dandelion yellow, and painted the edges with light yellow mixed with Daisy White.
16. Painted the leaves with a light green shade made by mixing Dandelion and Icy Aqua. Multi-surface paints blend really well and I enjoyed creating new colours by mixing the shades. Highlighted with Dandelion yellow and Ivy Garden.
17. Painted the small flowers with light blue colour (Icy Aqua +Daisy Petal). The strawberries were painted with the shade – Raspberry.
18.I have painted the bell like flowers by mixing Icy aqua and raspberry with a tinge of Daisy Petal.
19.I have painted the centre of the sunflower with Black Pearl and dotted the centre with green. I have outlined the sunflower with an orange shade made by mixing Dandelion with a few drops of Raspberry. I have painted the centre of the strawberry blossoms with Dandelion and gave one more coat of Daisy White for the flowers. Using a 0 size brush I have added few dots on the strawberries using shade Black Pearl.
20. I have applied Decor Varnish gloss over the legs of the table and let them dry as it’s a folding table and there is constant friction. I have left the table top without varnishing over the flowers as multi-surface paints are self sealing. Now the beautiful table is ready for my garden. I hope you will also give a makeover to yours!
Few other projects done using multi-surface paints on various surfaces.
Done on a glass bottle
On mini terracotta pot
Wall decor on MDF board
Painting on ceramic plate
I Hope you like this project and will create something unique with your own creative skills. Do participate in the Blog Challenge #31 and share your creative projects with us. Happy crafting!
I am excited to inform you that all these products come with a unique QR code!
Point your mobile phone at the QR code on the product & scan them to take you directly to our YouTube links where you can see how each of these products are used! Check out all our new products for QR codes in the future ( this will be either on the label or on cap of the bottle).
Use code SERENE5 to buy any product at ITSY BITSY and get 5% discount on your total bill.